Front Runner Felly Fun Run
Front Runner Felly Fun Run - Charity Event
The inaugural Front Runner Felly Fun Run will be run as part of the Dig Deep Series Weekend. Taking place before the adults 10k and 12.12 races on the morning Sunday 20th August. There will be a shorter route for younger runners and longer route for older runner. The route will be made up of the amazing trails in and around Whirlow Hall Farm, the Limb Valley and Castle Dyke playing fields.
All the information about the Front Runner Fell Fun Run is below.
- The Fun Run Courses
- How to enter
1. The Fun Run Courses.
- 8-11 years old (MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT) - 1.6km with 50 metres of ascent
- 12-16 years old - 2.3km with 95 metres of ascent
Both routes will start in the field opposite the main farm building, head up towards the start of the adult races and through the gate, down the path towards Whirlow Hall Crescent & Ecclesall Road South. Before reaching the road a right turn is taken cutting over to the Limb Valley, just below the fishing pond. From here the main path is followed as it climbs gently.....
8-11 year olds will follow the yellow flags for ~600 metres before turning sharply right up the steep path, negotiating a style at it's summit then crossing the rough grassy field before tackling second style and turning left back up the path for 200 metres to the farm and finish line.
12-16 years old continue up the Limb Valley for an extra 300 metres as it steepens, following ***** coloured flags. Just after passing the left turn for Whirlow Hall you tackle the behemoth of a climb up the steep and never-ending steps heading for the Castle Dyke playing field. There are 2 styles to negotiate at the top of the climb before opening the legs out through the farm field to reach and turn right onto the main bridleway running down from the plateau which is the Castle Dyke playing fields. A flying finish is a must as you plummet back down the farm and finish line.
All ages are as of race day.
- 8 to 9 years old - DOB: 20/08/2009 - 21/08/2007
- 10 to 11 years old - DOB: 20/08/2007 - 21/08/2005
- 12 to 14 years old - DOB: 20/08/2005 - 21/08/2003
- 15 to16 years old - DOB: 20/08/2003 - 21/08/2000
- 8-11 years old
- 8 & 9 years old - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Boy & Girl
- 10 & 11 years old - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Boy & Girl
- 12-16 years old
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Boy & Girl - 12, 13 & 14 years old
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Boy & Girl - 15 &16 years old
4. How to enter.
Entry for the Fun Runs can be done either before the race at Front Runner or on the morning of the Fun Run.
The Fun Run will cost either £7, this includes a unique finishers medal. Please remember that all the profit from the race is going towards to the Whirlow Hall Farm Charity. For 8-11 year olds to run they must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Adults can also accompany runners in the 12-16 year old category as well but this is not essential.
- Entry at Front Runner. £7
- To enter before the race at Front Runner please come in store. You'll need to sign a Parental Consent and Junior entry form. Race numbers will be available at the time of entering but race t-shirts will be available for collection on the morning of the race.
- Entry on the day. £8 with t-shirt or £5 for race entry only.
- To enter on the day please arrive early. Race registration will close at 8.45am. You'll need to complete a Parental Consent and Junior entry form before collecting your number.
5. Logistics for adults wanting to do the Felly Fun Run & the 10k or 12.12.
The 12-16 year olds will start at 9:00am followed shortly by the 8-11 year olds at 9:05am. This means that it is possible for you to run with your kid or kids and still have chance to do the 10km or 12.12.... in fact it's almost the perfect warm up!
Registration for adults will be open at the same time as the Felly Fun Run so you'd be able to sign up for this at the same time, run the Felly Fun Run, relax for 20 minutes (sort some childcare) then do your own event - Sorted.
If you've any other questions about the Felly Fun Run then please pop in to Front Runner, call us on 0114 2669591 or email us at email@example.com
- Club Hub